Friday, January 20, 2017

After the holidays - starting over

I have to admit, I went off the rails a little over the holidays and it has been a huge challenge to rein in my eating habits to get back to where I was.

I was doing so well my first 21 days and then I started to feel really off mentally.  I was literally in a daze all day, couldn't maintain a thought, couldn't carry on a normal conversation and was apologizing to my husband constantly because I would forget what he said from minute to minute. 

It was weird and scary.  One day I decided I wanted a piece of candy and almost instantly I felt better, and I don't think it was in my head.  That told me I was eating way too little in carbs and so I started to up my carbs a little.  Then I lost control, like I thought I would and justified sweets because I still was not eating any gluten.

Anyway I scared myself another day when I really indulged and my blood sugar dropped to 39.  I had never felt that way in my life, I almost passed out, sweat was pouring down my back and my heart rate was through the roof.  I quickly ate a couple of spoonfuls of commercial peanut butter and brought myself back up to 71 within 15 minutes.

So now I'm glad I documented what I ate in the beginning, I am going back to day 1 and I'm going to see how it goes again with how I feel mentally.  What I was doing was working as far as weight loss, although slowly.  I have only gained back 4 of the pounds and I'm still 1.5 pounds lower than when I started.

I'm still eating dairy and have not worked out but twice in the last two weeks so that is another thing I need to change!






Unfrumpyfifties and/or its owner is not a medical professional or organization. Unfrumpyfifties provides information with respect to healty eating, recipes, and lifestyle and is intended for informational purposes only. Nothing contained in Unfrumpyfifties or its owner neither is medical advice or should be construed as medical advice.  Any information generated, produced or disseminated by Unfrumpyfifties or its owner should not and cannot be held as a substitute for consultation, evaluation, or treatment by your doctor. Always seek the advice of your doctor or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a proposed diet or nutrition program.

No comments:

Post a Comment