Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Took a break

I have taken a break from journaling and from the keto diet.  This way of eating had left me feeling like a zombie lately, walking around in a fog, feeling emotionless, and I had a hard time carrying on a conversation.

So I did a little experiment and I had a caramel.  Within minutes I felt much better, more like myself.  I know that this is from the sugar.  I don't know why I am having such a difficult time adapting this time around, I know I didn't feel like this 7 years ago when I did Atkins successfully.

My health coach recommended upping my carbs to 70-80 grams with sweet potatoes and other low glycemic starches.  Well, after I ate that caramel, that set off the candy cravings just like I thought it would.  I decided to "enjoy" my Christmas with some sweets and other things that I have been missing.

I have not binged or really overdone it as far as I'm concerned.  I did have some See's candy today, 3 pieces to be exact and it was right after lunch so I made sure to have something else in my stomach.  I tested my blood about 2-3 hours after and it was 112.  I believe that's kind of high.

Today I am actually cooking what was supposed to be our Christmas dinner (we ate out Christmas Eve and Christmas) and we were with friends yesterday having a late Christmas.  So we will be having ham 3 days in a row but that's A-Okay with me.

Today's eats:

Meal 1 - 2 eggs scrambled in bacon fat
              2 slices of Pederson's uncured bacon

Meal 2 - Chipotle salad with
              Romaine lettuce
              Steak
              Grilled peppers and onions
              Mild salsa
              Sour cream
              Guacamole
              3 pcs See's candy
              1 peanut butter cookie

Meal 3 - About 8 oz. of ham
              1/2 cup sweet potato
               1 cup brussels sprouts
               3 pcs See's candy

Going to get the See's out of my system because I am back on track tomorrow, starting with the gym since I haven't been since the 21st :(




Unfrumpyfifties and/or its owner is not a medical professional or organization. Unfrumpyfifties provides information with respect to healty eating, recipes, and lifestyle and is intended for informational purposes only. Nothing contained in Unfrumpyfifties or its owner neither is medical advice or should be construed as medical advice.  Any information generated, produced or disseminated by Unfrumpyfifties or its owner should not and cannot be held as a substitute for consultation, evaluation, or treatment by your doctor. Always seek the advice of your doctor or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a proposed diet or nutrition program.

No comments:

Post a Comment