Sunday, December 18, 2016

Keto Day 17 and 18

I have been experiencing a little bit of brain fog and I suspect it's from eating peanuts but I am doing an experiment today to see if that's the case.

Today's eats:

Meal 1 - 1 cup tulsi tea with 2 tbsp. coconut oil
               10 oz. T-bone steak
               3 eggs fried (IHOP)

Meal 2 - 6 chicken wings (leftover Wing Stop)
              2 tbsp. bleu cheese dressing
              1/4 cup peanuts

Meal 3 - (3) 1/3 lb. hamburger patties
               grilled onions
               pickles
               jalapenos
               iceberg lettuce bun

Glucose level:  79 (yippee!)

Saturday's eats:

Meal 1 - 2 eggs scrambled in bacon fat
              2 slices Pederson's uncured bacon
              2 cups baby spinach
              1 cup tulsi tea with 2 tbsp. coconut oil

Meal 2 - 1/4 cup low salt pistachios
              1/4 cup peanuts

Meal 3 - 8 chicken wings
              3 tbsp. bleu cheese dressing
              6 celery sticks

Meal 4 - 8 oz. prime rib
              1 cup steamed broccoli
               Couple bites of peanut slaw

Glucose level:  92

I've had a few things making me wish I had started this ketogenic thing after the holidays and not before:  See's candy, decorated sugar cookies, macarons, the fact that I'm baking and making goodies that I cannot even taste.  I have to rely on my husband as my "taster".  But then again I have to celebrate that I have stuck with this for 18 days now, 17 days longer than I have stuck to anything over the last 7 years.











Unfrumpyfifties and/or its owner is not a medical professional or organization. Unfrumpyfifties provides information with respect to healty eating, recipes, and lifestyle and is intended for informational purposes only. Nothing contained in Unfrumpyfifties or its owner neither is medical advice or should be construed as medical advice.  Any information generated, produced or disseminated by Unfrumpyfifties or its owner should not and cannot be held as a substitute for consultation, evaluation, or treatment by your doctor. Always seek the advice of your doctor or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a proposed diet or nutrition program.

No comments:

Post a Comment