Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Keto Day 19 and 20

I've decided that I need to start creating a schedule to manage all this time off I have!  I am such the procrastinator and I'm so not disciplined when it comes to my time.  I sometimes try to justify that I am on vacation and that I should be relaxing and taking it easy but I have a lot to do!

I'm still sticking to keto and I see some changes in my blood glucose levels and I hope that keeps happening.  I have not been as strict as I should be but that will change come January because I plan to join a 30 day keto challenge!

Monday's eats:

Meal 1 - 2 eggs scrambled in bacon fat
              2 slices Pederson's uncured bacon
              2 cups organic baby spinach
              1 cup tulsi tea with 2 tbsp. coconut oil

Meal 2 - 1/2 cup peanuts
              1 pkg. seasoned seaweed

Meal 3 - 2 El Pollo chicken thighs

Meal 4 - 3 uncured hot dogs cooked in 1 tbsp. butter
              1 medium hass avocado

I hit 197 grams of fat, 200 is my goal

Glucose level:  81

Today's eats:

Meal 1 - 2 eggs scrambled in bacon fat
              2 slices Pederson's uncured bacon
              2 cups organic baby spinach
              1 cup tulsi tea with 2 tbsp. coconut oil

Meal 2 - Chipotle salad with:
              steak
              fajita vegetables
              mild salsa
              sour cream
              guacamole

Meal 3 - 1/2 cup peanuts
              1 pkg. seasoned seaweed

Meal 4 - Iceberg lettuce salad with:
              grilled chicken
              2 boiled eggs
              sprinkle of Mexican cheese
              2 tbsp. bleu cheese dressing

Glucose level:  69  (first time I've seen the 60s!)

I'll be honest, this way of eating has not been difficult since day 3.  That is the day I can say I had the willpower to say no to sweets.  I have been tempted many times but keep reminding myself that I am trying to keto adapt and if I take even one taste of anything, it will set me back to square one. 

Once my tastebuds have had that taste of sweet, I would have no control, my pancreas would be vomiting insulin (as my coach stated), and I would immediately be kicked out of ketosis.  All that hard work is not worth one bite of anything.  I keep telling myself when I get healthy and I am keto adapted I can have some sweets once in awhile and it won't be so hard to get back into ketosis.

All this I tell myself as I am baking and making treats for other people!  My weight loss has not budged past the 4 lb. mark and that's okay with me, I know it's because I am not working out like I should.  I'm supposed to be exercising at least 4-5 times a week - this is where the need for that schedule comes in!








Unfrumpyfifties and/or its owner is not a medical professional or organization. Unfrumpyfifties provides information with respect to healty eating, recipes, and lifestyle and is intended for informational purposes only. Nothing contained in Unfrumpyfifties or its owner neither is medical advice or should be construed as medical advice.  Any information generated, produced or disseminated by Unfrumpyfifties or its owner should not and cannot be held as a substitute for consultation, evaluation, or treatment by your doctor. Always seek the advice of your doctor or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a proposed diet or nutrition program.


             

No comments:

Post a Comment